Thursday, May 10

Prague the humiliation


Never should have set foot on this cold isolated city [ note: the city has its own charm, not the people though ]. Prague doesn't need me, and I don't need Prague. Trust me, I do not deserve this, nor anyone does.


Joined the "All in one" walking tour , but could only finish half way because of the miserable weather. Been to the same tour the following day, asked for a supplementary ticket in a nice and humble manner.


A young lady replied: " not quite sure if I understood what you're talking about. " [ of course you don't my dear, forgive my English ] Later found out she's the Guide.


Young man came to help, he knew what happened, credited me a ticket half of the price.


Young lady guided the tour, first asked where we came from. [ I dared not to say I'm from HK my friend, my heart just couldn't take it anymore ] " Canada" I said. Blanca was not bad at all, except she'd been used her umbrella pointing to the spots inside the Church.


The day I took off to Southern Bohemia, rushed to the Post Office sending my overload all the way to Toronto. No doubt I was stupid enough buying those crystal and puppets, just couldn't help because they're absolutely gorgeous.


Stood there in front of the counter for minutes, the woman just ignored me and acted in some sort of slow motion as if I were watching a 8 mm movie.


" Excuse me, I'd like to send my parcel to Canada and how much would it cost? " Tried hard to put that huge smile on my face, tried to be nice to get noticed.


[ Oh, Canada...not China..] she might have thought, so she answered.


After I paid for the box, she instructed me to another window - " number 5 ". OK, there I went. At least 3 staff chatting and pretending they hadn't seen me, as if I were invisible.


" Excuse me, could anybody help? " again I put on that giant smile.
" In a second " somebody said.
[ Another two minutes passed, oh my, here is Eastern Europe......I'm not discriminating you, but you're discriminating me? How interesting !! ]


" Excuse me........."
" Here is closed !!!! "


[ There, my patience exhausted. Went back to window no. 1, holding the 10 kg parcel thus carrying my backpack thus waiting in the stupid line again. Started to yell.......no, screaming actually, that I hardly remember when was the last time I screamed ]


" Go to window no. 5! "
" Your colleague said it's closed!!! " [ Everybody inside the Post Office looked at me, as said, I had to talk loud enough making sure everybody heard me ]


" It's not. " [ She tried to get rid of me, but I didn't move as if I were a Statue. By throwing my parcel on the desk pretty hard, sealed it in a very destructive way as if the box had something to do with that]


" Now we're done " I pushed the box in front of her. [ May be I did look like a teenager, but I used to have chips on my shoulder ]

" But you have to go to window no. 5" she looked embarrassed but insisted.
No problem, I went to window no. 5, another woman showed me the form and when I was filling it, somebody cut in there I saw some 20 mails sitting on the counter. NO!! Couldn't afford to waste that time.


" Listen to me, I have a bus to catch........." Yelled again, being redirected to window no. 3, there I got everything done finally. However, It'd taken me 75 minutes to complete this ultimate task. Tragically I had been treated as a football, not as a human being.


So don't bother to come, you're not welcomed. Perhaps wait for another 10 years until the people here are well educated, know that doing their jobs properly is human decency, being nice to people is common courtesy, realising the tourism business is important to their country.



Most importantly, if you cannot afford to do what you love, you must learn to love what you do.


Side note 1: If you must come, stay with the "Pension Attractive" right next to the Charles Bridge, that I can guarantee your satisfaction.


Side note 2: folks if you don't receive any Christmas gift this year, not my fault, they might have well broken by this time. If you don't receive any postcard as you should, they might have rested in peace in the garbage can, in that particular Post Office certainly.


Side note 3: If you find this blog too harsh on people, just ignore me, as if I were invisible.


Side note 4: for those who cares, now I am weeping, somewhere in Ceske Budejovice.
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.