Monday, March 3

A Campaign for Diversity


I came to this country with nothing.

I crossed many physical borders only to find the invisible barriers.

I found a home, but never felt welcome.

I was judged because of my appearance.

I worked 7 days a week just for acceptance.

I am an immigrant when I'm looking to belong.

For just one moment, put yourself in someone else's shoes - someone whose life has been fraught with bigotry, hatred and injustice. All because of their race, ethnicity, gender or ability.

That's all the idea behind the groundbreaking programs at the Canadian Centre for Diversity. We teach Canada's youth how to overcome fear, ignorance and prejudice and we inspire them to celebrate difference, diversity and inclusion.

This year, we're embarking on a $10 million fundraising campaign so that more youth can participate in our programs and build the kind of Canada we all want to live in. Join us.

Courtesy of www.centrefordiversity.ca
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.