Saturday, March 22

My Testimony


In age 17, I left home as I didn't get along with my step mom. During the first six months had been the toughest, I cried every night in the darkness I could hardly go to sleep. By knowing my life would not be easy from that point, one night I seriously prayed to God, asked for his mercy to let go of me. Under the circumstances, I was silly enough to believe I could only survive without labelling myself as a Christian. In that sense, I would have had 23 years or so to fight or to kill for living, without punishing by God. In exchange, I had made a promise that I would come back to serve God when I reached the age of 40. At the time, 40 seemed a long way to go.

As years gone by; I endured enormous difficulties and hardship in my life; that only God knew what I had been through. Yet I didn't realise it was God walking me and guiding me all the way through indeed. Until some months ago, I couldn't help remembering the promise I'd made to God; my 40 would soon be arrived. Hence I was sick worried about what was going to happen, may be I was going to die. Due to subconsciously panic; a depression suddenly occurred to me for no clue. By shutting myself down, my whole world was falling apart...everything in the past was meaningless, a chasing after wind...

The illness lasted for weeks then I started to pray. Finally I'd made it clear to God, I would love to keep my words. My baptism was held at the Rhenish Church on 30 May 2004. Ever since my life has changed, that I am no longer afraid of what may lead in the future. Eventually I learn to put everything in God's hands. I don't need any miracle to keep up my faith, as my whole life has been miracles. Now I know I was born for a reason, I've been chosen to be God's servant.

To share the lines with you I always keep in mind, " Where you see only one set of footprints in the sand, during the saddest time in your life, it was then I carried you - my precious child."

***This testimony was written on 2004 after the Baptism.
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.