Tuesday, April 15

A Tale Of Two Rivals


It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness. In short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

There were a Drama King with a large jaw and a woman with a pale face, on the throne of Utopia. They stared at each other for long, as if one hundred years drifted away. The atmosphere was cold and isolated, as if they'd trapped on a desert island in Siberia. They seemed to know each other but they didn't talk to each other.

"You're a so called writer, aren't you? You've written about me all the time! Do you have a crush on me?" Finally the King broke the silence.

Between the eyebrows and just over the little feminine nose, the line of which was a s delicate and fine as it was possible to be, the expression deepened itself as she took her seat thoughtfully in the chair by which she had hitherto remained standing. He watched her as she mused, and the moment she raised her eyes and said, "Your honour, I do admire you, as much as you admire me. I've heard you've been watched over me."

He seemed wilfully to mistake the words she said. When he added, in a hurry, "That's not true! You have delusions in your mind!"

"I speak, your honour, the truth speaks for itself. Why don't we start talking productively? I'm aware you're dying from colon cancer, will you name 5 people you'd like to meet in the heaven?"

"So far, woman, this is none of your business. I'm not dying but I'd answer the question! Mind you they're in no particular orders; Mr Bin my soul mate, OJ Simpson my role model, Andrew Cunanan my mentor, Theodore Bundy my buddy and Jack the Ripper...my God!"

She indeed, was shocked. "Your honour, let's change the subject. Can you name five books you'd recommend to your people?"

"I, for one, is knowledgeable! There're too many books to name just five, I'd give it a try!" "God is not great:How Religion poisons everything", "China Road, a journey into the future of a rising power", "The World Without Us", "Spy Wars" and "Remember Me?" " Just for curiosity, how about yours, ah?"

Her eyes rolled up for a minute, she'd never seen anybody so arrogant in her life. "Your honour," she said in a low, distinct, awe-stricken voice, as if she were saying it in a dream, "The Savage Detectives", "Falling Man", "What The Dead Know", "Lady Killer" and "Someone Knows My Name". She paused for a second, "How about 5 movies or TV you'd recommend?"

He seemed a bit annoyed with her answers, but he stayed cool, as cool as his blood.

"Well...this is easy as I'm a Drama King! That'd be "Dreamgirls", "Crazy Love", "Twilight Zone", "Facing the Giants", and "Little Children". What'd you say, ah?"

She repeated in the same tone, sunk to a whisper, "Your honour, your picks are splendid. My choices are "I'm Legend", "The Ark of Truth", "Perfume-The Story of a Murderer", "Live Free or Die Hard" and "Freedom Writers."

King felt his wrist held closer, and he stopped. The expression in the forehead, which had so particularly attracted her attention, had deepened into one of pain and horror. "I think you're being difficult with me!! Why don't you get off my back and get out of my sight as soon as you can!!!"

"You honour, you're not making sense at all. How am I able to get off your back while you're on my back? "

All in a sudden, he lost his temper looked awfully hysterical. Perfectly still and silent, and not even fallen back in his chair. So close was her hold upon his arm, that he feared to detach himself lest he should hurt her, therefore he cried out loud for forgiveness without attacking.
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.