Friday, May 23

Your Life Is Our Mission


I remember when I landed to Toronto on 31 January earlier this year, I felt sick on the following day, that my friends called the 911 for me and the paramedic guy came fast. He tried very hard to convince me getting in the paramedic ambulance but I refused, I was scared for some reasons. Instead I walked along on Highway 7 and West Beaver Creek Road, hoping I would get some help from the people who saw me. Out there in the dark it'd been snowing and freezing. Shortly after I was brutally dragged by the paramedic guy and my friend (yes he's a FRIEND) at least 10 meters from the highway to the pedestrian. I would never forget that cruel facial expression on his face when he yelled, "You'll get killed by that!"

Hence I'm grateful he'd saved my life, yet I never had a chance to get to know his name. Hope that someday I could thank him in person as I do recognise his face. Meanwhile, check out the Emergency Medical Scenario, "Your life is our mission" they say, very impressive slogan indeed. More importantly, check out the message by Bruce Farr, the EMS Chief.

Toronto EMS will celebrate EMS Week from May 18-23, 2008.

This year’s theme is “Your Life is Our Mission.” On that note, Toronto EMS’ highly skilled paramedics and Emergency Medical Dispatchers will meet with residents throughout the City of Toronto to share information about the life-saving work they do, to demonstrate some of the tools of the trade, and to educate people about how they should handle medical emergencies when they occur.

http://www.torontoems.ca

http://www.torontoems.ca/main-site/about/senior-staff.html#Anchor-As-49575
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.