Thursday, April 16

Words To Live By



Some years ago I'd worked at a luxury boutique hotel in Toronto as guest service ambassador. The property was brand new located in downtown a prime location. I was proud of myself being the only Asian who got the offer, but on the other hand I wasn't sure if I could handle the job well compared with the others.

I remember clearly, when I first met one of my colleagues whose name was Paul, he said something strange to me as new acquaintance, that I later found out he's indeed an intelligent guy with a good heart and compassion.

The day we had a casual conversation perhaps introducing ourselves. Suddenly he looked into my eyes and advised me, " don't ever let anybody intimidate you, never". I was puzzled at first yet shortly after I suspected that must had been something to do with my self-esteem. At the time I'd undergone a great deal of pressure and tough moments in my life. He knew it at once, people might have taken advantage of me being a lack of confidence. And he was all right.

Today, what he said to me have become the words I live by. After I'd endured so much in life, I would not tolerate anybody intimidating me by any means for any reasons. This I can assure you Paul, as I'm very grateful to you, wherever you're.

***Case No. WFRN 10502

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.