Friday, July 18

Security Matters


from Connie Missipi
to Palmina Maccari
date 18 July 2008 19:56
subject Complaint re Muhammad Aslam
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 19:56 (21 minutes ago)


Dear Palmina

Thanks for your prompt reply, I appreciated it. However, something just happened again at 7:30pm this evening when I came home. What a coincidence I saw another man delivering the pizza and this time I saw Muhammad handed him a key. The guy and I entered the elevator at the same time but all in a sudden Muhammad came and stopped the elevator then kept asking my suite number in a hostile manner. In fact I asked him why he handed the key to the man and I also mentioned I'd filed a complaint to you regarding what he told me the other day. Muhammad got an attitude toward me when asked my suite number as if I were a criminal. Could it because I complained about him? If that's the case, are we supposed to turn a blind eye on things that matter because we may get a malicious treatment from the security guards in return?

When I went up to my suite, the guy who delivered pizza showed me the key it has a label of delivering, and he told me he would return the key later, that made sense to me. But why was Muhammad acted in such strange response? All he had to do was explained it to me in a rational manner. To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit worried of my safety because the way I was treated. Do you think I should call the police just in case? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend.

Sincerely
Connie

http://deepestriversflowwiththeleastnoise.blogspot.com

http://conniemissipi.blogspot.com

***********************************************************************************

2008/7/17 Palmina Maccari :

Thank you Connie for bringing this matter to my attention. I can assure you that Management did not instruct the security guards to allow the noted access. I will speak to the individual involved and his superior in attempts that this should not happen again.

Thank you,

Palmina R. Maccari
Property Manager


************************************************************************************

-----Original Message-----
From: "Connie Missipi"
To: palmina@andrejsmanagement.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:26:32 -0400
Subject: Concern about security system

Dear Palmina

I'm the tenant staying at xxxx since this March. For long I've observed quite a lot of strangers wandering inside the lobby of the building, worst of all I've been seeing the guys delivering pizzas come and go as they wished. I'd talked to the security guards before but nobody seemed to take it seriously. Since I'm a freelance journalist and I'd travelled 1/5 of the world all by myself, am very cautions on personal safety wherever I am.

This evening around 7:20pm, I came home there I saw a guy from Domino Pizza walked into the lobby. He briefly told the security guard the suite no then he entered the elevator. I was wondering how he could access to the floor without using any key or accompanied by the security guard. Surprisingly he pressed the button and it worked, that really annoyed me. So I went to the security guard on duty, who's Muhammad Aslam at the time, asked for an explanation. He said he was instructed by the management to release all the elevators except the one with the curtain on. To me that means anybody could have accessed to any floor without using the key properly. Or anybody could have followed anybody to any floor without questioning by the security. Muhammad did not have a clue on what's going on but following the orders given by the management. He insisted I should talk to you.

As mentioned I'm a seasoned traveller, I'd been to many countries considered to be dangerous however I managed to survive by keeping my eyes widely opened. The security system in the building is far too loose for anybody who cares about public as well as personal safety. I honestly hope that you can explain how it works under this kind of ridiculous situation to protect the tenants who's counting on the management. If nobody takes me seriously on this subject matter, I'll expose this story to the media in no time.

Let me stress this again, I'm not being paranoid but most concerned about what's going on in the building. I can be reached at xxx-xxxxxxx or simply by returning this e-mail. Hope to hearing from you soon and have a good evening.

Yours sincerely
Connie
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.