Tuesday, July 1

What About Patriotism


~ I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.

John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

~ Our hopes are high. Our faith in the people is great. Our courage is strong. And our dreams for this beautiful country will never die.

Pierre Trudeau

~ Patriotism is not dying for one's country, it is living for one's country. And for humanity. Perhaps that is not as romantic, but it's better.

Agnes Macphail

~ Vive la Canada. This country is not for sale.

Don Sweet

~ I wouldn't let someone take my Canadian citizenship from me for anything.

Jim Kale

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.