Sunday, June 8

Letter To Toronto Mayor


Dear Mr Miller

I am a freelance writer and I am Canadian Citizen came back for good from Hong Kong on January 31, 2008. Ever since many bizarre things have happened in my life, that I would like to seek for your invaluable advice. I'd witnessed an unusual incident on June 6, that I'd already filed a complaint to the Toronto Police Services Board, and I've enclosed a copy for your reference. I am fully aware you're a member of the Toronto Police Services Board, as I'd seen your name appeared on an announcement on February 18, regarding the first official "Family Day" in Ontario.

Earlier today I had lunch at the Le Saint Tropez on 315 King Street West by myself, I'd played around with my new cam recorder which I purchased on June 6. I sat by the sidewalk as the weather was nice, suddenly a lady came out from the blue approached me maliciously asking who I was. Oddly she accused me for stalking her and filming her, that she has a restraining order against me. Needless to say I was shocked, I didn't know her and I'd never seen her in my life before. Since she was talking nonsense, I asked the waiter in the restaurant to call the police, but the lady said she would do it. Then she started talking on her cell phone, and I continued to have my lunch. At the time it was about 3:20pm.

Ten to fifteen minutes later two police officers arrived. I told them I was puzzled, I had my lunch in the restaurant long before the lady dropped by the pedestrian, how could I possibly stalking her or filming her? Officer 8401 asked for my identification then went to the lady, while officer 7880 stayed with me. I handed out my cam recorder voluntarily for inspection. He checked it and he didn't see anything the lady had accused me for. I was surprised when I saw officer 8401 gave away my driver's license to the lady copying my personal information without my consent. Who'd given her a right to do so? So I walked straight to the officer and asked why would he give away my information and what's that all about the restraining order the lady had mentioned before? He couldn't explain it all but kept saying I was the one who'd frightened the lady. He even mentioned the case on June 6, warning me today was the second time I did something wrong as if I were a criminal (for June 6 details please refer to the forwarding message). Regarding that subject matter I told him I'd already filed a complaint to the Police Services Board. But when I asked if I could get the personal information of the lady in exchange, the officer just avoided my request as if he didn't hear me. He insisted I was the one who freaked out the people by filming them, and if I kept doing so the police would go after me for sure. At that particular moment, I sensed that I had threatened by the police officer. Although there had not been any evidence to prove I was stalking or filming the lady as she claimed, there had not been any facts at the least to support the accusation against me, I had been judged by the officer on the scene with many other customers in the restaurant who witnessed the whole truth.

My point is, in less than a week I'd been dramatically accused by some stranger who in fact intimidated me, then threatened by the police officers who supposed to help me, I started worrying about my personal safety. Frankly speaking, I'd studied law so I keen on protecting my rights and privacy, I believe I know where to draw a line. If I remain silent, I'm afraid any day anything outrageous could happen to anyone without any reason. Worst scenario is that anybody can bump into me then accuse me for attacking or assaulting, and I'll have no say on the matter. As a responsible citizen, I am reporting these cases to you seeking your advice before I go any further. If deem appropriated, I would like to set up a meeting with you presenting all the evidence in my possession to prove my innocence.

As the Mayor of Toronto I know your schedule must be tight. So if I don't hear from you or the Police Services Board in a week time, I would just go ahead to file a lawsuit against the police officers involved, then reveal the whole story to the mass media. In the meantime, I've copied this message to the Prime Minister, the Chief of Police, the CTVglobemedia, The CNN, and Ming Pao Toronto.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Connie Missipi
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.