Sunday, June 1

The Show Must Go On


Toronto Fire Services Division Commander - Andrew Kostiuk

If you're a regular visitor of this blog, you must have known that I've had troubles with the Toronto Fire Services for long. They're unbelievably everywhere in the GTA wherever I'd been to; in a book shop, at a sidewalk cafe, on the Gardiner Expressway 24 hour...... It really bothered me as I was sick worried about the fire safety in the city, as I'd never seen so many fire trucks in my life before. Besides, I was extremely annoyed by the sirens seemed unnecessary especially when I was so full of ideas began writing, that interfered me. For a moment, I thought my computer network had been coincidentally linked to the fire station perhaps. But what can I do about it?

Saturday I took off to a concert around 6:50pm, right on the intersection of Bremner and Spadina, there it was. Another Fire Truck showed off with its sirens right in front of me, how impressive! This time I'd noticed a serial number on the truck written HAZ 332, I made a note then googled it when I came home.

Hence I found out Toronto has 2 Haz trucks. One is located in downtown at Station 332, South Command, Toronto Community. SEE, it matched! Most interesting, the logo of station 332 defining the communities is named "The Show Must Go On 1841". Certainly, I laughed.



TFS operations consists of 81 stations and divided into four geographical command units.

▪ North Command contains the 11th-14th Districts, covering 19 fire stations. It services the communities of North York and Toronto. (This Command includes Forest Hill which amalgamated with Toronto in 1967) One more station to be added (#116).

South Command contains the 31st-34th Districts (22 stations). It services Downtown Toronto, Toronto Islands and parts of East York.

▪ East Command contains the 21st-24th Districts (20 stations). It services the communities of Scarborough, East York and Toronto.

▪ West Command contains the 41st-44th Districts (20 stations). It services the community of Etobicoke, York, Toronto and Swansea (a municipality which also amalgamated with Toronto in 1967).

SOUTH COMMAND
260 Adelaide St. West
, Toronto, ON
, M5H 1X6
Fax. 416-338-1829

DIVISION COMMANDER
Andrew Kostiuk


Phone: 416-338-9056 

Fax: 416-338-9076

Administrative Assistant
Anjali Raturi

Fire Prevention Division and Public Education
Phone: 416-338-9350 

Fax: 416-338-9349


http://www.torontofirepics.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historic_Toronto_fire_stations
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.