Sunday, August 31

Noble Sacrifice


Back to 1999 I learned that Dr Aris was dying in the UK hospital, Aung San Suu Kyi was allowed to visit her husband aboard but had chosen not to, because she was afraid that she would not be readmitted to Burma again. At the time I thought how cold blooded and silly she was. I couldn't understand why she'd been so stubborn, rather to be a prisoner than set free to say goodbye to her loved one.

Certainly I was all wrong. Not until some time ago I've finally realised, what a noble sacrifice she has made, to her country and to her people. As soon as she figured her life has a much lager purpose to be served, she made it clear that she would not bend under any circumstances. By now she's been under house-arrest for almost two decades, she stands still as a spiritual leader of Burma, her courage has been highly praised.

My say is, certain people have certain responsibilities in lives that cannot be escaped. Life is somehow a battleship rather than a cruise ship. Do the right thing at the right time, do not let the chance slip through our fingers. As said, if one must die for defending one's faith and belief, it's God's will and it's well planned.

If anyone I love dearly has meant to die, I'd not shed a tear because I believe in God, hence I believe in eternity. Now, let's get back to our feet and stay focus. Leaders get things done, Aung San Suu Kyi is a leader.

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.