Friday, December 19

Stephen Lame Duck Harper


Roger, roger, do you copy?

Copy copy, what's up?

Have they fixed the TSX?

Sounded like a chip inside a computer at the TSX data centre was malfunctioned that caused the shutdown. And the backup system wasn't properly synchronized.

How embarrassing! Hadn't they consulted the Rogers Communications Inc for technical support?

Who knows. Perhaps Edward Rogers was too busy mingling with Stephen Harper making fun of his lame duck government.

That's true, I've overheard the Harper government is going to run deep deficits up to $30-billion in order to lift Canada out of a painful recession. You know, just because he's got a degree in some field doesn't make him a professional in said field.

Wait a minute. Let me quote what he'd said during the last couple weeks.

Oct 7 : "I think there are probably some great buying opportunities emerging in the stock market as a consequence of all this panic." Being asked whether he would confidently rule out a deficit under his government his answer was: "...Yesterday I think I was asked one question about whether we would run a deficit and I said, 'No.' "

Oct 11: "The fact of the matter is independent analysts including the IMF, say that Canada is not going to go into recession with the current world environment and its current set of domestic policies. We're the one country that's going to continue to show some growth."

Nov 23: "The most recent private-sector forecasts suggest the strong possibility of a technical recession the end of this year, the beginning of next. I am surprised at this. I am also further surprised, more importantly, by deflationary pressure that we're seeing around the world. This is a worrying development, one of the reasons why it may well be necessary to take unprecedented fiscal stimulus."

Dec 15: "The truth is, I've never seen such uncertainty in terms of looking forward to the future... I'm very worried about the Canadian economy."

What the heck he's talking about by twisting his own words in such a stupid way?

I'm not surprised as well. After all, lame duck is his middle name.

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.