Tuesday, March 10

Site Visits & Road Show

Hilton charged three hundred something per night on the 9th floor, house keeping still around at 4:45pm seemed busy cleaning up another room although the whole floor was empty. Room with the view was breathtaking, couldn't ask more for Hilton is such a prestigious name.

What about the vehicles you wondered? Oh what a coincidence I was born in 1964 while my sweetheart was born two years after. In Tel Aviv I've been seeing many license plates engraved with these specific numbers, reminding everybody Richard and I are made for each other, what a romantic drama.









Carlton showed me a smelly room on the 9th floor, again, it's purely coincidence I must have believed. Receptionist looked embarrassed when I asked if she would stay in a 5-star hotel charged US$280 for a standard room but smell? Most interesting part was a male guest came out from the blue while we stepped in the elevator, my curiosity not only killed cats but killed bill as well, hence I questioned if the gentleman had complained about the smell from the kitchen spreading out on the corridor. Surprise surprise! The guy corrected me saying it's quite normal as if he had stayed in a run down hostel paying $28 for a bed including breakfast and all you can drink coffee.

Don't get me wrong, I like hostels, especially those tiny cozy ones located in Europe. Frankly speaking, big brands do not necessarily guarantee your satisfaction, why bothered to check it out then? Well, because I am a travel writer after all, I tended to criticise according to my basic instinct. For this time, nothing new but a statement supporting my previous accusation was accurate.






China will soon be taken over this extraordinary city, if nobody takes it seriously or reacts promptly.



*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.