Monday, January 19

Global Harassment By Wen Jiabao



This is what I'm talking about. Finally I switched to another room, to be exact another trap.

Seven women seemed very busy in the room packed with luggage and clothing. I was told that one or two have been here for long. Cosmetic and personal stuff were spreading all over in the bathroom. Looked like this is a safe heaven one could have rested in peace.

But one must think twice and pay attention to details, something was not right. Years ago I'd spent the summer in Barcelona, eight of us were jammed in a smelly room sharing eight beds, it smelled because wet towels were hanging everywhere without air-con while the temperature hit high at 34 Celsius. Nobody died from suffocation was a miracle.

So this time in this nicer room with the comfort breeze, no one seemed to be interested in taking shower after sweating or swimming or acting? I saw less than three towels in the room, no shampoo or that sort of necessity in the bathroom, which was cleaned as it'd never been used. 10pm at night my mind could not rest assure. I didn't bother to brush my teeth then went to bed, tomorrow would be another day I was TOO TIRED to dig out more.

Ear plugs and eye-pad I had them all, to me theyr're more important than the American Express. Energetic people were moving in and out after midnight as if staying in a private room. Yet the most unbearable woman turned on the light at 2 am before she went out!! Not that I cared where she was going, as a common courtesy, I'd stayed in more than a dozen hostels in the past nothing had happened like this before. The light was bright as solar my eye-pad didn't help much. I got up asking her to turn it off. She did but I couldn't go back to sleep anymore, noise from the street as loud as thunder made it even worse.

Two guys at the reception listened to my complaint but nothing could be fixed. Mamma Mia I needed to take a good rest before I collapsed. I know I realise I accept this is my life, it'll make no difference whether if I stay at 5-star Four Seasons or no star Canadiana Backpackers. Harassment is an unavoidable agenda wherever I go. I just wanted to set the record straight.

By the way five women checked out right after I posted the previous article on the blog. Don't ask why my dear, how would I know when my head is not properly functioning.

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.