Saturday, October 11

Stephen Harper Can't Be Trusted



Complaint re: Toronto EMS Paramedics file # 2008-1854
James S Russell to me
show details

4 Sep

Reply

Dear Ms Missipi,

I am writing in regard to your communication with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, among others, where you outlined some concerns pertaining to the actions of Toronto EMS paramedics on June 6, 2008 near 20 Gerrard Street E, Toronto.

On July 4, 2008 I asked you to provide more details regarding the actions of the paramedic in question. In your response of July 10, 2008 you did not provide any further details to this specific incident, to assist us in our review. I have included this e-mail below. Therefore we have reviewed the incident with the information initially provided to us.

I wish to inform you that Toronto EMS has now completed this review of the incident and your concerns have been brought to the attention of the paramedics involved. I regret that your encounter with the paramedics may have caused you some concern, however it has been determined that the paramedics were only trying to protect the privacy of their patient.

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to review your concerns.

Sincerely,

Jim Russell
A/R Coordinator
TEMS Professional Standards Unit

*******************************************************************************

from Connie Missipi
to jrussel@toronto.ca
cc pm@pm.gc.ca,
ctvglobemediacommunications@ctvglobemedia.com,
ireport@cnn.com,
mingpao@mingpao.com,
dennis.o.brown@ontario.ca,
tony.campeau@ontario.ca,
jim.vanpelt@ontario.ca,
blake.forsyth@ontario.ca,
Finley.D@parl.gc.ca,
info@gg.ca
bcc conniemissipi@gmail.com

date 15 July 2008 22:53

subject Paramedics on 109 Grange Court
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 15 Jul

Reply

Dear Jim

For your information I'd witnessed another odd case during last week when I strolled along on Spadina. As usual I took a walk from my apartment to China town as part of a routine, there I saw the ambulance and the fire truck again, hence I followed them to Grange Court unite 109. For further details please refer to the videos uploaded on my blog. It's self explanatory.

http://deepestriversflowwiththeleastnoise.blogspot.com

Would greatly appreciate you look into the matter and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely
Connie

*******************************************************************************

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Connie Missipi

Date: 2008/7/10

Subject: Re: Your concerns re: police and paramedics - 20 Gerrard St E June 6, 2008
To: James S Russell
Cc: info@gg.ca

Good evening Jim

Thanks for your reply. Indeed I'm trying to put everything together at the moment, such as all the photos and videos I've taken during the last couple weeks. I'm editing it so that I may present it to you later or to whom it may concern. As a matter of fact, I've been seeing a lot of the ambulances running on Spadina, turned on the sirens very loud even there's little traffic on the road. I saw one this afternoon and I recorded it.

As mentioned, when I'm done with the documentary, I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, have a great weekend and God bless.

Sincerely
Connie

http://deepestriversflowwiththeleastnoise.blogspot.com

http://conniemissipi.blogspot.com

********************************************************************************

2008/7/4 James S Russell :

Good Day Ms Missipi,

You recently communicated with the Toronto Police Services Board in regard to some concerns about the actions of police officers and paramedics while on the scene of an emergency response at 20 Gerrard Street E. on June 6, 2008. In order to properly deal with any concerns regarding paramedics your e-mail was forwarded to The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care's Emergency Health Services Branch Investigation Unit. This unit, in turn, has forwarded your concerns to Toronto Emergency Medical Services in order to deal with the concerns you raised about the actions of the paramedics.

In response to your concerns Toronto Emergency Medical Services has begun a review of the incident.

As I understand the issues outlined in your e-mail, you are concerned that you did not witness a sick or injured patient being attended to and that the paramedics appeared to have luggage on their stretcher when they exited the building. As well you have expressed concern that one of the paramedics blocked your view of the proceedings as you were attempting to take pictures of the activity. You indicate that this was done in a harsh manner. I would ask you to provide more detail as to exactly what actions this paramedic took so that the incident can be properly reviewed.

Additionally you have raised questions about what actually happened at the address and who called for emergency services to attend. Please be advised that in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act it is not the policy of Toronto Emergency Medical Services to release that information.

Should you have further information that would assist us in our review please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jim Russell
A/R Coordinator
TEMS Professional Standards Unit
(416) 338-0768

***********************************************************************************

from Connie Missipi

to pm@pm.gc.ca,
ctvglobemediacommunications@ctvglobemedia.com

date 7 June 2008 00:39

subject Fwd: Copy of: Complaints re Police Officers
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 7 Jun

Reply

- Hide quoted text -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Toronto Police Services Board
Date: 2008/6/7
Subject: Copy of: Complaints re Police Officers
To: cmissipi@gmail.com


This is a copy of the following message you sent to Toronto Police Services Board via Toronto Police Services Board

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.tpsb.ca from:
Connie Missipi

Dear Sir / Madam

I am a freelance writer and I've got four books published in the last three years. I am Canadian Citizen just came back for good from Hong Kong on January 31, 2008.

On Monday, June 2, 2008, I'd been to the Fire Station 332 located on 260 Adelaide Street West. I was able to talk to Caption Thompson and a fire fighter whose name was Morris. I was there because I've been seeing a lot of fire trucks and ambulances in the GTA that I found it very unusual. As a freelancer I've travelled quite a bit all over the world, I must admit I rarely see that many fire trucks and ambulances running in the city with the sirens on so frequently. On some occasional evenings, I even saw the fire trucks turned on the sirens during midnight driving on the Gardiner Expressway. I was amazed, and sick worried about the fire safety in the city. Hence I have decided to work on a story about this particular situation. For further details please refer to my blog:

http://deepestriversflowwiththeleastnoise.blogspot.com/2008/06/show-must-go-on.html

On Friday, June 6, 2008, I strolled along the Yonge Street and I stopped by somewhere near the College Street to have a sketch by an artist on the pedestrian. I believe I spent almost 2 hours on the spot, there I saw at least five of the fire trucks and ambulances passed by. Again, I was amazed. In fact there was one pulled over right across the street, that I saw a few paramedics using a cot moving someone into the ambulance. I didn't see it clear from a distance but I took some photos with my cell phone.

Around 6:30pm I took off heading south, there I saw another fire truck passing by! I was awfully curious so I followed the truck, seeing it stopped over at 20 Gerrard Street East in front of the Covenant House. Shortly after an ambulance came by followed by a police car. I stopped by the scene and waited to see what happened, in a few minutes I saw a few paramedics came out from the Covenant House, with a cot covering with some pieces of luggage!

Let me put it this way. As a seasoned traveller I'm not easily surprised. However, I was stunned by what lied in front of my eyes, simply because I was expecting to see a patient or someone got injured perhaps. It's all unbelievable! Again I used my cell phone to take photos then a paramedic walked toward me blocking my view in a very harsh manner. I managed to take a picture of him though. In another minute I was surrounded by two police officers. One of officers 9711 yelled at me in a very offensive way, prevented me from taking more photos. But I claimed my rights as where I located was a public area. I didn't break any law but he wouldn't let me taking any more photos and the ambulance left. Later I was warned by the officer 8995, which I didn't quite get it for what had I done wrong? When I put down his name he asked to see my identity, I cooperated.

To set the record straight, I certainly asked why would the paramedics saving luggage on the scene? Not to mention there were a fire truck, an ambulance and a police car on site. I couldn't figure it out by using my common sense and my knowledge as a well educated writer. What had actually happened in the Covenant House? Who called for emergence service in the first place? Why were the paramedic and the officers so furious? Hadn't they dealt with any reporters or media under that kind of circumstance? What about freedom of the press? I demand all these answers. Details of the crew are as following:

Fire Truck: P5424 / YHI 581
Ambulance: 575 0VZ
Police Car: 5111 / BDBN078
Police Officers: 8995 A Parvin / 9711

Obviously, I am writing this lengthy letter to complain about the way I was treated by the police officers. Besides I would demand all the answers in question for what actually happened on the scene, or I couldn't help speculating it's abusively use of manpower. Since I have all the photos stored in my cell phone, I'm much obligated to show you the images for reference if required. For your information, I've copied this message to the Prime Minister, the Chief of Police and the CTVglobemedia.

Thank you for your time and your earliest reply will be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Connie Missipi

--
http://conniemissipi.blogspot.com

http://deepestriversflowwiththeleastnoise.blogspot.com

*
You're the 11946911 visitor, thank you and God bless.